Friday, January 09, 2009

Telugu News Channels

Everyday when I go home in the evening, there are many Telugu news channels(( I know five of them) on TV, all showing the same news. News is OK but the news readers are pathetic. I learn from my friends in the media that the only qualifications needed to be a news reader on one of these channels are presentable looks and above average diction. Where has journalism gone? These men and women just sit before the camera and read out from prepared text. These people lack basic awareness of current affairs. The way they present business news and sports news is nothing less than blasphemy.

All of you might be aware of the Satyam saga going on. The stock exchanges, in reality, had decided to remove the Satyam stock from their indexes. But these news readers reported that the Satyam stock is delisted from the exchanges. I guess the people of AP deserve more. Any media company listening?

No comments: